What is Far Infrared Ray (FIR)?
Far-infrared radiant (FIR) heat is a completely safe form of naturally occurring energy that heats objects by a process called direct light conversion. Radiant heat is also called infrared heat or infrared energy. Direct light conversion warms only the object and does not raise the temperature of the surrounding free air. This type of energy travels 2-3" deep into the body and is thought by some to increase circulation and nourish damaged tissue.
FIR heat is not ultraviolet radiation but a narrow band of energy within the 5 to 15 micron level. The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum occurs just below (infra) to red light as the next lowest energy band of light. This band of light is not visible to human eyes but can be seen by special cameras. We can, however, feel this type of light that we perceive as heat. Our sun produces most of its energy output in the infrared segment of the spectrum. Our atmosphere has a window in it that allows infrared rays in the 7-14micron range to safely reach the earth' surface. When warmed, the earth radiates infrared rays in the 7-14micron band with its peak output at 10microns.
The sun is the primary source of radiant energy, but not all of this energy is beneficial. Although life needs energy from the sun, too much sunlight damages the skin. FIR heat provides many of the health benefits of natural sunlight without any of the dangerous effects of solar radiation.
Why Is FIR important to the human body?
FIR has the ability to penetrate, refract, radiate and reflect. The human body can absorb FIR because of its deep penetrating ability. When FIR penetrates through skin to the subcutaneous tissues, it transforms from light energy into heat energy. The thermal effect within the deep layers of the tissues causes bloods vessels and capillaries to dilate, promoting a better blood circulation, and the heat so produced helps to get rid of body toxins and metabolic wastes through sweating.
What are the health benefits of spending time in a sauna?
The health benefits of a FAR Infrared Sauna are numerous. Saunas are often used in the treatment of diseases and drug addictions, as well as for general therapy and well being. Some of the benefits include
$60.00 PER SESSION
- Better Circulation and Increased Energy - The sauna emits FIR energy that is absorbed by human cells, causing a physical phenomenon called "resonance". Thus the cellular activities are instantly invigorated, resulting in a better blood circulation and an overall improved metabolism.
- Weight Loss - FIR Sauna heat therapy can aid in weight loss by speeding up the metabolic process of vital organs and endocrine glands resulting in substantial caloric loss in a sauna heat session.
- Cardiovascular Health - The FIR Sauna increases heart rate and blood circulation, crucial to maintaining one's health. The heart rate increases as more blood flow is diverted from the inner organs towards the extremities of the skin, without heightening blood pressure.
- Speed Recovery from Injuries - For injuries, FIR generated heat stimulates vasodilatation of peripheral blood vessels, bringing oxygen to joints and extremities, speeding the healing of sprains and strains, thus relieving pain and reducing the time it takes the human body to recover from an injury.
- Detoxification - The quicker metabolic rate causes extra toxic waste products to be purged from the body through the skin, during perspiration. The skin is often referred to as the 3rd kidney, because it is believed to be responsible for eliminating 30% of the body's waste.
- Stress Reduction & Relaxation - FIR Sauna heat treatment before a massage also helps prepare a client by creating an overall relaxing effect. It loosens the muscle tissue so the therapist can do a more thorough and effective massage.
- Skin Beautification - For that sought after healthy glow, FIR Sauna heat therapy allows increased blood circulation to carry great amounts of nutrients to the skin, thus promoting healthy tone and texture. A FIR Sauna heat bath also provides a mild cleansing of the skin.
- Improved Immune System - By creating an "Artificial Fever", FIR heat has a positive effect on the immune system. Often misunderstood, fever is a natural healing response of the body. The function of the immune system is increased naturally during a fever, while virus and bacterial growth is slowed, weakening its hold. This helps the body ward off invading organisms. A FIR heat treatment in the early stages of a cold or flu has been known to stop the disease before the symptoms occur.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for educational purposes only and IS NOT intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Use of this website is governed by the terms of our User Agreement.
Design & Hosting by Cruising America
2004 Copyright - All rights reserved.